If you listen to people’s conversations you will often hear things like:
The government should really be doing something about this.
If I could only get rid of that annoying person at work, life would be so much better for me.
There are hundreds if not thousands of examples that I could give you here how people blame everything around them and outside of them for what they are experiencing in this life, in this world.
In a complex world, it is so easy for us to blame and point the finger outside of ourselves especially when things are not going the way that we want them to in our lives.
One of the biggest challenges most of us face is accepting responsibility.
The best thing about accepting responsibility is that you shift the seat of power away from everyone else, and put yourself firmly in the driver’s seat of your own life.
From the driver’s seat, you get to:
- decide how your life should look.
- choose how you react to what happens
- manifest your desires
- steer your life in the direction you choose.
what can I do?
Often people feel small and insignificant. They wonder if what they say or do could really have an impact.
Well, I am here to tell you that you can and you will have a significant impact on the world. You will start by altering your own world and the amazing thing about this is not only will you make an amazingly positive difference in your own life, but you will create a ripple effect that will flow over into the lives of all the people that you begin to positively impact.
It all starts with you.
All you need to do is take responsibility for yourself. For your feelings, for your thoughts, for your reactions, for your actions. You cannot control these in anyone else, only within yourself.
Here are some simple things that you can start working with:
- Check in with yourself on a regular basis to see how you are feeling.
- Create enough awareness to know what your thoughts are and become very good at stopping any trains of thought that are leading you down the wrong path, or causing you to beat yourself up.
- Become observant. Notice what creates reactions within you and then find ways to resolve the issues you have surrounding this. When you can let go, you will find that things won’t have the same effect on you anymore.
- Watch your actions. How are you sending out love and kindness into the world with every action that you take?
- When you catch yourself in the act of badgering yourself or someone else, stop it as soon as you can. Then give yourself compassion and love. Congratulate yourself on recognising this and for being able to stop it.
- Notice when you are not reacting to things that used to trigger you, and give yourself a pat on the back for recognising this and for how far you have come.
The more you practice the better you get
This will take some time and practice. Before you know it, you will become a master of your own destiny and you wont have to wait around for someone else to make a change before you see benefits and improvements in your own life.
Sending you light and love
P.S: If you are really stuck and needs some assistance, then please reach out to me and we can schedule a session where we can look deeper into what might be holding you back.